Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I Promise


Barren land as far as I can see, so dry
Lost I am some where in a dessert I thought,
But no, I see faces so familiar, pale and empty I realized,
Eyes gone deep, skin gone dark like workers from a coal mine.
Dead fishes afloat the river flowing by, torn fishnets swept ashore
Vultures hover around, even over my head.
  
My skin's burning from the scorching sun, My throat so dry but not a drop to quench it
Blank faces follow me as I walk through this street so strange.
Those shades gone, where my friends gath Those rivers dried up where I go swimming
Those hills, trees, flowers all gone in flames

I opened my eyes to know its just a bad dream
I looked out to find the chirping bird still making its nest
Drizzling it was , all so green so beautiful I found.
I never let go these beauty anytime I promised myself
I never see this place go dry, no not even in dreams I promise
                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment